This privacy notice applies to the collection and processing of your personal data by Peace Generation Limited offline and online (including in connection with our website, www.peacegeneration.hk). It is important that you read this notice.
By accessing or otherwise using our website, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data and accept our practices as described in this notice.
In this notice, “Peace Generation”, “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Peace Generation Limited, which is incorporated in Hong Kong as a company limited by guarantee. “You” or “your” refers to you as an individual who accesses or otherwise uses the website or has direct engagement with us. “Personal data” means data relating to a living individual, from which it is practicable for the identity of the individual to be directly or indirectly ascertained and in a form in which access to or processing of the data is practicable as currently out in the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (the “Ordinance”).
- We only collect personal data that we believe to be necessary and required to provide our services. We may collect your personal data when you register with us or to use our services, attend our events or otherwise meet with us, or receive our newsletters or other marketing communications, or when you make contact through our website. The personal data collected may include your name, email address, correspondence address, telephone number, identity reference and other personal information.
- We may use your personal data in connection with various matters, including but not limited to: carrying out our operations and provision of services; performing research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content; communicating with you by email and/or mobile devices or some other means about services that may be of interest to you; enforcing our terms and conditions; managing our business and perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; marketing, promotion and customer management, such as sending you newsletters or invitations. We may be unable to provide you with our services if you fail to supply such personal data.
- We may provide your personal data to third parties where necessary and as permitted by applicable law in order to provide relevant services and for our effective operations. When providing your personal data to third parties, we will:
- only provide data necessary and required to provide the service(s) for which the relevant third party is responsible;
- on the understanding that the relevant third parties may only use your personal data for the purpose(s) specified by us; and
- take reasonable steps to ensure that the relevant third parties protect your personal data and that your personal data will be deleted or rendered anonymous if we stop using their services.
- When your access or otherwise use our website, our service provider will make a record of your activity. The information recorded may include and may not be limited to domain name, IP address, operating system, browser type, time of access/use and the pages viewed. Such information may be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to our website and general statistics on usage patterns of our website.
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes. We will retain your personal data for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Thereafter, we will delete your personal data.
- While we take all reasonably practical steps to secure personal data collected and retained by us, we cannot and do not guarantee that any such data transmitted through our website will be absolutely secure.
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not owned or operated by us. We are not responsible for any content, privacy practice or other aspect of other sites. This notice applies only to our website.
- In accordance with the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- request access to and correction of your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent for us to keep or use your personal data.
- To make such a request or withdraw consent, please email us with all relevant details at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this notice or our personal data policy or practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(June 2021 version)