Peace education is values-based learning that builds awareness, knowledge and skills for preventing and handling conflicts and instills a culture of peace.
A culture of peace “consists of values, attitudes and behaviours and reflect and inspire social interaction and sharing…and reject violence and endeavour to prevent conflicts by tackling their root causes to solve problems through dialogue and negotiation…”, according to the United Nations(resolution A/RES/52/13).
Conflict analysis & transformation
- Learn the importance of conflict sensitivity and to use different conflict analysis tools
- Understand elements and dynamics of conflict
- Learn different conflict handling approaches: conflict management, resolution, transformation
- Discuss ways to transform conflict
Understanding conflict & peace
- Understand the causes and triggers of conflict
- Recognise different personal conflict styles
- Learn how bystanders and others can affect conflict
- Recognise emotions and needs in conflict
- Understand fundamental concepts of peace
- Be inspired by stories of peacebuilders
We promote values and ways of life that builds peace
We show practical skills that are backed by theories in peace studies
We share knowledge on the many facets of peace and make them relatable
We can tailor contents to meet each school’s specific needs.
Interested in bringing Peace Education to your school? Contact us at email@example.com